Wilkinson Ranch on Perryman Creek
SOLD! - This incredible 1019.83 acre hill country ranch is located just outside of Copperas Cove in Coryell County, Texas. A productive ranch with abundant wildlife, mature oaks, pecans, fertile pastures and an attractive level to sloping topography. Since 1943 the Wilkinson Ranch has been the perfect place to farm, ranch, fish, hunt and enjoy the amazing Texas Hill Country views!
- There’s an old farm house, barns and out buildings on the property. All of which are in very poor condition.
- The hunters cabin has one room that currently sleeps two and has A/C, heat and running water. The cabin has a covered front porch and covered storage behind the cabin. The hunters camp also has a functioning well, “redneck” outhouse and a covered RV parking area with a power plug for RV.
- Fenced for livestock and there’s a new 7-wire fence at the Harmon Road boundary.
- This property holds an abundance of wildlife, including whitetail deer, turkey, ducks and dove.
- Quail can be seen infrequently around the ranch.
- Some stock ponds currently hold bass and catfish.
- Hogs and predator species can provide year around hunting opportunities.
- This ranch is prime for a high fenced hunting operation.
- Four stock ponds on the property provide water for livestock and wildlife and most are stocked with bass and catfish.
- 1.1 miles of Perryman Creek runs from west to east and located in the northern half of the property.
- The topography is primarily level to gently sloping with 60’+/- of elevation change across the ranch.
- Long distance views of the surrounding hill country can be observed from various locations on the ranch.
- The varied terrain is easily accessed by a minimal pasture road system.
- The property consists of open pastures with scattered oaks and pecan trees which provides ample habitat for the wildlife.
- Most of the ranch has native grass pastures with some areas recently cultivated for oats.
- The soil is primarily black land with some caliche.
- Mesquite and cedar are present on the ranch and there’s an ongoing effort to grub out the mesquite.
- Hamilton Electric supplies the power to the ranch. Power meters located at hunters camp and old homestead.
- The ranch house has a water meter supplied by Multi-County Water Supply.
- The property has three wells, one of which supplies water for the hunters camp. The other two wells are in unknown condition.
- Appraised with an agricultural valuation. (ag exempt)
- 2018 property taxes, $1,503.00
- Seller will convey up to 50% of the minerals that the seller owns.
- There is currently an existing farm lease in place that expires on 6/30/2020.
- No restrictions.
- Gatesville ISD.
- Austin MLS #2365681, Central Texas MLS #386740
- 3885 Harman Rd, Copperas Cove, TX 76522
- 15 minutes to town, 20 minutes to Killeen, 58 minutes to Waco, 75 minutes to north Austin.
Copperas Cove has a population of 32,706 (2017) and offers all the conveniences a rural ranch owner could ask for. Shopping, hardware, feed, medical care, and entertainment is only 15 – 20 minutes away.
****No one shall enter the property without approval and all buyers must be accompanied by their agent or broker.****